We take pride in nurturing a friendly, informal and supportive environment in which to work while ensuring we deliver high quality, person-centred care to our patients. Our practice team works well together and we have many long-serving employees. Staff are encouraged to develop through regular appraisal and training. The partnership is democratic in its decision making and the management team is an integral part of this process.
The practice achieves highly in relation to clinical and patient satisfaction targets.
Alongside this, it is vital the practice remains financially efficient and profitable and that we do not lose our core values of providing excellent patient-centred care with a well-motivated, well-trained and happy team of staff.
Values: safe, caring, trust
Mission: to provide excellent patient care whilst making best use of available resources.
Vision: well-motivated, well-trained and happy team of staff.
‘Sign Up to Safety Campaign’
Warwick House Medical Practice is committed The Five Sign Up to Safety Pledges
- Put safety first. Commit to reduce avoidable harm in the NHS by half and make public the goals and plans developed locally.
- Continually learn. Make their organisations more resilient to risks, by acting on the feedback from patients and by constantly measuring and monitoring how safe their services are.
- Honesty. Be transparent with people about our progress to tackle patient safety issues and support staff to be candid with patients and their families if something goes wrong.
- Collaborate. Take a leading role in supporting local collaborative learning, so that improvements are made across all of the local services that patients use.
- Support. Help people understand why things go wrong and how to put them right. Give staff the time and support to improve and celebrate the progress.
Specific actions the practice will take are:
- Ensure all staff including GP Partners, nurses and admin staff are aware of the need to report incidents & support them to do so
- Circulate this implementation plan along with details of “Sign up to Safety” to all staff (pledge 1)
- Remind all staff to log incidents on the intranet SEA form (pledges 1,2 & 3)
- Ensure that everyone is aware of and ‘buys into’ the practice culture of openness by raising awareness of the practice philosophy & principles, as well as the practice well-being and whistle blowing policies by recirculating them. – (pledge 3 & 5)
- Encourage staff to use the desktop access to CCG feedback tool , now in 2 parts (healthcare professional and medication) – (pledges 1, 2 & 3)
- Make it easier to report incidents / significant events
- Ensure that all staff are trained on how to enter incidents on the intranet SEA form and to remind everyone to use it. (pledges 1, 2 & 3)
- Train all staff on the use of the CCG feedback tool (pledges 1, 2 & 3)
- Regularly review incidents/significant events, learn from them and implement actions to continually develop safety
- Ensure SEA meetings are included on CPD calendar (pledges 1,2,3,4&5)
- Review of incident / significant event log as a standing agenda item for monthly practice meeting to identify any matters which need to be reported via the CCG feedback tool (pledges 1,2,3,4 & 5)
- Ensure annual audit of accidents / incidents / significant events are carried out, themes identified and action taken regarding any themes identified (pledges 1,2 & 3)
- Develop criteria for external reporting of incidents / significant events
- Discuss, agree and circulate threshold criteria (pledge 4)
- Regularly review and act on patient feedback
- Review & produce a report on FFT Feedback and other patient feedback at least quarterly, identify need for individual responses or themes for action & distribute to staff (pledges 1,2 & 3)
- Include patient feedback & complaints on monthly practice meeting agenda (pledges 1,2 & 3)
- Share patient feedback with Patient Participation Group Committee to assist learning and development at scheduled meetings (pledges 1,2 ,3 &5)
- Share any learning from feedback with CCG/other local practices (pledge 4)
- Publish this statement setting out the action to be taken to support the Sign up to Safety Campaign