What is changing?
Repeat prescription requests will be processed at a new Medicines Management Hub which will be based at Creech Medical Centre.The hub will consist of a team of dedicated prescription clerks and pharmacy technicians. This change will come into effect from 1st October 2021
Why is this change happening?
We have an opportunity to improve our current systems and the hub format has proven to be very successful in South Somerset.
How will this affect me?
It depends how you currently order your prescriptions:
- If you drop in your request on paper, this will have to change. We have provided more information below on your options
- If you currently phone us, the number may change, as well as the opening times
- If you currently use email, the email address may change
- If you currently request your prescription via the NHS App or Patient Access, this change will not affect you
What do I need to do?
If you currently drop in your request on paper, you will need to use another method. These are the options from 1st October:
- Online via
- the NHS App https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app
- or Patient Access https://www.patientaccess.com/
- Email: Send an email to [email protected] stating your name, address, date of birth and list the items required
- Phone: Lines will be open 9.30 – 13.00.
- Creech St Michael patients – Ring the surgery main number and listen to the options
- Warwick House patients – Ring the surgery main number and listen to the options
- Lister House patients – Call the hub direct on 0333 332 4530
Don’t leave it until the last minute to order and remember that your pharmacy will also need at least 48 hours to dispense your medicines. We advise that you place your order 7-10 days before you are going to run out.
Please use our GP online services, such as the NHS App or Patient Access to order your repeat prescriptions. For more information on our online services, please click here. There is a useful guide to ordering medication online and tracking prescription requests available below
During the Covid pandemic, we are discouraging patients from submitting paper requests, until the new medicines management hub is up and running, you can order prescriptions over the telephone to avoid having to leave home unnecessarily. Please call the practice on 01823 282147 and choose option 2. The prescriptions enquiry line is open from 10.00am-12 noon and 2.00pm-4.00pm.
We use the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) which means that almost all our prescriptions are processed electronically. Electronic prescriptions help save the NHS money.
Read more about EPS on the NHS website
We are encouraging all patients to nominate a pharmacy – your prescriptions will be sent there automatically for all future requests. You are free to change your nomination at anytime, but this should be done before the medication is issued, we are unable to change your nomination retrospectively.
All requests for repeat prescriptions will be processed by the surgery within 72 working hours. You also need to allow time for the pharmacy to dispense the medication.
- If the doctor has prescribed you regular medication, please make sure that you do not leave it to the last minute before ordering your next lot of medication
- There is no need to ‘stockpile’ medication near a bank holiday
Pharmacy Next Door
The pharmacy in the building adjacent to the surgery is run by Boots UK (01823 284529). If you wish them to dispense your medication, please select them as your nominated pharmacy. Please note you are not obliged to use them and they have no financial relationship with Warwick House Medical Practice.
REPEAT PRESCRIPTION COLLECTION TIMES:
Please note that we receive a large amount of requests for repeat prescriptions each day. You must allow AT LEAST 72 WORKING HOURS between requesting your repeat prescription and collecting the prescription form from us.
If you have asked a pharmacy to collect and dispense it for you; you must allow at least a further 48 hours
Please refer to the schedule below:
Day requested: Prescription form ready at surgery : Collect from Pharmacy:
Monday: before 2.00pm > THURSDAY: after 2.00pm (check with your preferred pharmacy)
Tuesday: before 2.00pm > FRIDAY: after 2.00pm (check with your preferred pharmacy)
Wednesday: before 2.00pm > MONDAY: after 2.00pm (check with your preferred pharmacy)
Thursday: before 2.00pm > TUESDAY: after 2.00pm (check with your preferred pharmacy)
Friday: before 2.00pm > WEDNESDAY: after 2.00pm (check with your preferred pharmacy)